Italian Bow Knot with Sprinkles Cookies
6 eggs beaten
1¼ c sugar
¾ c olive oil
1½ tsp vanilla
3 tsp baking powder
6 c flour (approx.)
- Cream oil and sugar; Add beaten eggs; Mix baking powder with 2 cups of flour and add to mixture
- Keep adding flour a cup at a time until the last cup; then add a ¼ cup at a time letting the flour totally mix in before adding more
- Stop flour when dough pulls from the sides of the bowl
- Lightly oil surface to roll cookies on with olive oil
- Scoop a meatball size amount of dough and roll out with flat fingers of both hands moving out to the side making a thick “pencil” of dough about ½” in diameter. Cut in 6″ increment and make a shoelace type knot. Keep it loose. Don’t work the dough too long or cookies will be too dense.
- Place bow-knot on parchment covered cookie sheet about 2″ apart.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for approximately 12 minutes. Cookies will be light in color. Check the bottom of the cookie and when it is lightly browned it is done. Cool on a wire rack atop newspaper or another disposable protective surface.
2 cups Confectioner’s sugar, 1 tsp Vanilla, Milk to drizzle-able
Drizzle Icing over cookies when all cookies are cooled. Immediately shake sprinkles over icing