Better Than Sex Chocolate Cake
- 1 package Devil’s Food cake mix (I use Duncan Hines)
- Ingredients to prepare cake according to package directions
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 12.25 oz. jar caramel topping (reserve 1/4 cup for drizzling over cake)
- 1 8 oz. container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 – 3 Heath candy bars, crushed OR 1 cup Nestle’s Heath Toffee Bits
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with oil spray and lightly flour. In mixing bowl, add cake mix and ingredients. Prepare and bake as directed on package.
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine condensed milk and caramel. Stir until blended and remove from heat. When cake has finished baking, immediately poke holes in the top with the end of a wooden spoon or straw. Pour milk/caramel mixture slowly and evenly over the cake. Let cool at room temperature for 30 minutes then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave 30 seconds, stir and microwave for an additional 30 seconds or until melted.
- When cake is cooled completely, spread whipped topping evenly over cake. Sprinkle crushed Heath bars over topping. Drizzle 1/4 cup caramel over top then drizzle with melted chocolate. Refrigerate for at least 4 – 5 hours. (Cake is best if prepared a day ahead.)
- Lite, reduced fat whipped topping can be substituted for regular
- Put caramel and melted chocolate in separate zip lock bags. Cut one corner of bag slightly and drizzle over cake. Makes it much easier.
- Cake can be stored covered in refrigerator for up to 1 week
Aging Tree’s resident foodie.
This recipe was featured in Aging Tree Illustrated published June 1, 2015
Find Trusted Senior Services