Best BBQ Ribs without the Grill!
Serves: 4-5 per Slab
1 or 2 or more slabs of ribs depending on your cooker size or number of guests
Sonny’s barbecue sauce or your sauce of choice
1 cup lemon juice
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp paprika
½ stick butter per slab of ribs
Serves -5 per slab of Ribs
Prep time 30 minutes
Bake time 3 hours or all day in the slow cooker
- Have the butcher cut ribs into two bone pieces or cut yourself
- Sprinkle paprika on rib pieces
- Brown ribs in a heavy fry pan with ½ a stick of butter per slab of ribs on stove top, a few pieces at a time. Turn over and even brown on sides
- Place browned ribs in a large baking pan – I like to use the old turkey roaster pan
- Once all browned and in the pan, pour lemon juice and vinegar on ribs and cover the pan with tin foil
- Bake at 300 (slow oven) for one and a half hours. Turn once or twice during the cooking cycle
- After an hour and a half, take out of the oven and either drain juice or place ribs in another pan or slow cooker. If doing large quantities, I put in an electric turkey roaster.
- Cover with barbecue sauce and cook for another hour and a half at 325 or the rest of the day on low in slow cooker. You can check and turn ribs over once during cook cycle or leave alone in the slow cooker. When cooking time is up, check ribs and if pulling off the bone, they are done! Cook until that is the case.