Although the first of this month marks April Fool’s Day, “yours truly” will choose to live vicariously through the pranking of others––or will I? You’ll just have to...
Quick Tip / How to Prolong the Life of Your Computer!
1. Want to save a few bucks on your power bill and extend your computer power supply life? Once you shut down your laptop, unplug its power supply FROM THE WALL socket! This is also valid for coffee makers or any other appliance that use an external power cord.
2. Sometimes we eat around our computer and laptop - crumbs can fall in the keyboard and cause it to not be as sensitive as we might want. How to solve this problem? Buy a can of compressed air, aim it and blow out anything lodged under the keys.
3. Having trouble seeing the screen? Just spray a bit of Windex on a small cloth and gently wipe your screen. You will be surprised just how much ‘gunk’ can collect on the screen – this works on TVs as well.
4. It is also a good idea to let your laptop’s battery drain and recharge it. Just ‘unplug’ your system and let it sit idle until it shuts off by itself. Then, plug the power supply in and let it charge.
5. Make sure PC had enough ‘room to breathe’. Both laptops and desktops need their vents exposed. Laptops should sit on a flat, well-vented surface – not a pillow on your lap!
6. If your system is running a bit on the slow side, you may not need a new computer, rather, just a good deep cleaning. Doing so can bring a lot of old systems back to life and run better.